Ethernut 3.1 Embedded Ethernet
Ethernut 3.1 is a low-cost 32-bit microcontroller board with
ARM 7 CPU, 100 Mbps Ethernet, open source RTOS & TCP/IP stack and embedded web server.
It is based on the Atmel AT91R40008 ARM 7 RISC microcontroller and
the DM9000A 100 Mbit/s Ethernet controller.
The Ethernut 3 ARM CPU board is available stand-alone or as a Starter Kit
containing the required development tools to get you quickly started
using the CPU board.
Applications are developed in the C programming language using
the free AVR-GCC compiler toolchain on either Windows or Linux development hosts.
Nut/OS' architecture has been focused on portable standards.
Developers with experience in C programming and TCP/IP applications for
the PC will soon feel confident. Existing software can be adapted
for Nut/OS with minimal effort.
The Nut/OS operating system offers a feature rich API including:
At the same time Nut/OS is a very lean OS which is well suited for
microcontroller CPUs and their small memory footprint. Typically more
than 100 KB program space and 20 KB data memory are available for your
Nut/OS comes with several sample applications, including an
embedded web server
RS-232 to Ethernet gateway
Ethernut boards and starter kits can be ordered directly from our web store:
- AT91R40008 32-bit ARM 7 RISC microcontroller with up to 70 MIPS throughput.
- Full duplex IEEE 802.3 compliant 10/100 Mbps Ethernet controller with on-board RJ-45 connector.
- Two serial ports, one RS232 at DB-9 connector.
- 4 MByte Flash ROM and 256 kByte RAM for program code and data.
- 32 kByte EEPROM for configuration data storage.
- MultiMedia/SD-Card socket.
- 14 digital I/O lines from CPU available.
- 24 programmable digital I/O lines available at a CPLD.
- Realtime clock with EDLC backup.
- Programmable PLL for flexible system timing.
- Three 16-bit timers/counters.
- Watchdog timer for enhanced reliability.
- LED indicators for power supply and Ethernet activity.
- Single power supply DC 5-24V.
- Board size: 78 x 98 mm (3.1" x 3.9").